MS. MICHAELA KAUER is the director of the Brussels Liaison Office of the City of Vienna (“Vienna House”) started her professional career with the city administration in 1992 as a press officer to the city councillor for housing and urban renewal and held several posts, including as head of cabinet of city councillors for integration, women´s issues, consumer protection and personnel as well as health and social affairs. After being appointed director of the Brussels Office in 2009 she stepped in the arena of urban EU affairs. Since 2010 she is the official representative of the city of Vienna in the Executive Committee of EUROCITIES on officer´s level as well as in its working group on the EU Urban Agenda.
Ms. Kauer holds a master degree in International Public Management and regularly gives lectures European Public Management at the Professional Business University of Burgenland. She serves as visiting lecturer occasionally in other academic institutions, as Lille University, and regularly publishes on urban, housing and gender equality issues.
- Background: International Public Management
- Focus: Services of general interest, quality of life for all people, Womens´ Rights
- Has been working for the city of Vienna in different areas since 1992 (Housing, Women, Integration, Consumers, Health and Social Welfare)
- Since 2009: Director of the Vienna liaison office in Brussels
- Since 2012: Member of EUROCITIES Executive Committee on Officers Level
- Teacher for “European Public Management“ in Eisenstadt
- Since 2016: Coordinator of the EU Urban Agenda Housing Partnership